2023 KTM 125 SX
All it takes is one hard, fast rip into a loamy berm to know that the 2023 KTM 125 SX is a serious contender in the 125 cc race. Not only has the 'Ring-ting-ting' been given a fuel-injected revival, but the entire motorcycle also benefits from class-leading developments at every end. Boasting accolades such as being the leader in 2-stroke motocross innovation in the modern era, the 2023 KTM 125 SX simply slays the rest of the 125 cc class. All you need do is press the starter, blip the throttle and let rip.
2023 KTM 125 SX HIGHLIGHTS
- All-new generation model with new chassis and engine wrapped in new bodywork.
- New engine with electronic power valve offers improved mid-range power and rotating mass.
- New 39 mm Keihin throttle body features advanced EFI technology for immediate throttle response and ease of use—no more jetting for conditions.
- New electric start and lightweight Li-Ion battery provide immediate starts at a light weight.
- New frame design with parallel mounts, new forged shock mount and reworked rigidity to better manage rider comfort.
- New topology optimized subframe with hybrid polyamide and aluminum construction for improved durability.
- New hollow, die-cast swingarm offers reduced unsprung weight and increased rigidity.
- Updated WP XACT fork with new settings and new hydrostop to improve bottoming resistance.
- New, completely redesigned WP XACT rear shock has a lighter and shorter body and all new internals.
- New topology optimized handlebar mounts increase grip surface for reduced bar twist.
- New map select switch changes engine character depending on track conditions and rider preference.
- Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers highly controllable modulation and light operation.
- High-tech Brembo brakes combined with lightweight wave discs offer incredible braking power and feel.
- CNC machined hubs and high-end Excel rims combine unmatched performance and durability with massive weight savings.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Displacement: 124.8 cc
Bore / Stroke: 54 / 54.5 mm
Starter: Electric starter / Lithium Ion 12.8V 2Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, throttle body 39 mm
Lubrication: Premix 40:1
Primary Ratio: 23:73
Final Drive: 13:51
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DS Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Vitesco Technologies EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminum reinforced Polyamide
Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XACT USD Fork, Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 / 300 mm; 12.2 / 11.81 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 220 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60x 21” / 2.15 x 19” Excel
Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21” / 100/90-19” Dunlop MX33
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.1º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,493 mm ± 10 mm / 58.7 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 359 mm / 14.1 in
Seat Height: 958 mm / 37.7 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 7.2 L / 1.90 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 92.4 kg / 203.7 lbs