SOLD OUT - 2021 KTM 450 SMRRegular price $11,299.00 Save $-11,299.00
The KTM 450 SMR makes a welcomed return to racetracks for 2021. Based on the championship-winning KTM 450 SX-F, the new-generation SMR is fitted with premium Supermoto-specific parts and high-end finishes, making it a true READY TO RACE machine – out of the box and straight onto the starting grid. It features an extremely compact, single overhead camshaft cylinder head and together with the efficient electronic fuel injection, produces its power in the most effective way possible. To enhance its corner-carving character and provide unmatched Supermoto performance, KTM engineers have developed a Supermoto-specific chassis set up for the most complete and competitive model in the Supermoto racing segment.
2021 KTM 450 SMR Highlights
- Ultra-lightweight black tubeless 16.5” front and 17” rear ALPINA spoked wheels are complemented by Bridgestone 125/600 R16.5 and 165/630 R17 racing slicks for maximum grip, traction and agility.
- High-end BREMBO front brake with 4-piston radially mounted caliper and radial master cylinder and oversized, 310 mm floating front brake disc provide unmatched stopping power.
- CNC-machined triple clamps have a precisely calculated stiffness and offset of 16 mm to match the flex characteristics of the frame and fork. Four-position handlebar adjustability allows for customizable ergonomics.
- KTM 450 SX-F engine with 5-speed transmission, SUTER slipper clutch and BREMBO master cylinder for committed Supermoto performance.
- Cutting-edge cylinder head featuring titanium valves and new rocker arms with structural optimization to reduce weight and inertia and increase stiffness, ensuring precise, responsive engine performance across the rpm range.
- NEW connecting rod with upper copper-beryllium bushing that reduces friction for free-revving engine character and improved durability.
- NEW hour meter casing with additional fixing points and only two M6 screw dimensions (only 2 sizes for entire casing for easy servicing).
- UPDATED WP XACT front forks with new internals—designed for refined performance, comfort and handling—feature extended oil and air bypasses to reduce pressure peaks while a new mid-valve damping system improves damping control for exceptional feedback and feel. A Supermoto-specific setup includes 285 mm of travel to improve cornering.
- Performing in concert with the new air bypass, a smaller rebound spacer in the air leg increases air volume in the negative chamber for a more linear spring curve, emulating the behavior of a spring while keeping all the benefits of an air fork.
- Reworked WP XACT shock with a new o-ring for the link piston to reduce fading and improve consistency (266 mm of rear wheel travel).
- NEW “low-friction” linkage bearing seals made by SKF provide noticeably freer linkage action, offering better suspension feel and performance throughout the shock stroke.
- High-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame with carefully calculated flex parameters provides a great blend of comfort, stability and precision.
- Single-piece cast aluminum swingarm features a long rear axle slot for increased adjustability, offering a wide range of adjustment for the rear wheel, allowing for a shorter wheelbase on tighter, twisty tracks or a longer wheelbase for greater stability on long straightaways.
- Bodywork features a slim design for excellent comfort and freedom of movement, putting the rider in complete control.
- Air box and air boot designed to provide maximum protection of the air filter against soiling and better airflow for increased performance. Air filter can be accessed without tools for quick servicing.
- Header pipe with FDH (Flow Design Header) resonator system improves performance while reducing noise.
- Handlebar map switch selects between two maps (standard and more aggressive) and activates traction and launch control for enhanced grip and holeshot-seeking starts.
- Handlebar clamps feature rubber mounts and a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness, resulting in on-command cornering.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Displacement: 449.9 cc
Bore / Stroke: 95 / 63.4 mm
Compression Ratio: 12.75:1
Starter/Battery: Electric Starter / 12.8V, 2 Ah
Transmission: 5 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 44 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
Primary Ratio: 31:76
Final Drive: 14:45
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet multi-disc SUTER clutch, BREMBO hydraulics
Ignition: Keihin EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminum
Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XACT USD Fork, Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 285 mm / 11.2 in; 266 mm / 10.5 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 310 mm; 220 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 3.5 x 16.5"; 5 x 17" ALPINA
Front/Rear Tires: 125/600 R16.5; 165/630 R17
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.1º
Triple Clamp Offset: 16 mm
Wheelbase: 1,468 mm ± 10 mm / 57.8 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 290 mm / 11.4 in
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 7 L / 1.85 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 102 kg / 224.8 lbs